Wednesday 18 November 2015

Merry and Bold This Christmas with Lurpak

As we get closer to the main event, mums and dads all over the world will be planning the Christmas food. In our house my husband is the main chief , even though I can cook its not my fave thing to do but he loves it.
One of our list of yummy things to eat is Lupak butter. It comes in Slightly Salted, Unsalted and crushed garlic butter so a full list for any meal. It is such a yummy butter made from fresh cream and also due to its low moisture content , it is ideal for baking. As I make lots of cakes this is why I love to use it.

Lurpak has a wonderful list of recipes on their web site and I thought I would share my best one and then you can check out more , which I know you will want to do.
   






Pull Apart Cheese Scone Christmas Wreath

Make a batch of cheese scones ad bake them in a ring to look like a festive wreath. Serve warm with lots of Lurpak

makes one wreath plus about 6 extra
 Prep 20 mins
Cooking time 15 mins

450g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
110g chilled Lurpak slightly salted butter
cut into pieces.
300g mature cheddar cheese
1 large egg
200ml milk plus extra from brushing
Rosemary sprigs to garnish
Olives to serve

1. Preheat the oven to 220c/fan oven200c/ gas mark 7. Grease 2 large baking sheets

2. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped rosemary and stir in. Rub in the chilled Lurpak slightly salted butter with your fingertip's until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs . Stir in about three-quarters of the cheese.

3. Beat the egg and milk together then stir it into the mixture with a knife . Bring the dough together with your hand, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few moments until smooth.

4. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 3cm, then use a small cutter to stamp out the scones, re- rolling the dough as necessary. Arrange 15-16 scones in an overlapping circle on one baking sheet. Put any remaining scones on the second baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little milk and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden.

5. Leave to cook for a few minutes. Garnish the wreath with the rosemary springs and serve while warm, with olives and extra Lurpak slightly salted butter.

Cook's tip: when cutting out the scones avoid twisting the cutter- this helps them rise better

I think it is a great idea and would be fab for a winter lunch maybe with soup on a cold day.It tasted so yummy and was really easy and quick to cook . I also think I will experiment with them as I think you could do sweet with fruit and Cinnamon so great for the winter and Christmas as well.

You can buy Lurpak products in all retailers nationwide. If you would like more inspiration the visit








Please note the view in this post are my own and I have not been paid in any way 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much