Monday 27 July 2015

Kelmy Royal Icing and Fondant

Just recently I was very lucky to attend a course with the lovely David MacCarfrae and Karen Davies, in Liverpool. We did a great deal of Royal Icing and used a new product to me from a company called Kelmy.
It was a ready mixed Royal Icing sugar you simply mix 60ml of water to 500g of the sugar to make a stiff icing. You can add more water to make different textured icing as well. I loved how smooth and easy to use and to mix it was. David told us how good it was as a product and that it would hopefully be on sale in the UK in the future.
I was so pleased with my cake I e mailed Kelmy to express how much I liked their product. I was so pleased when they offered to send me some to help with a cake I was in the process of making.
I got to try out the Royal Icing mix again which makes the whole thing super easy. So simple to use and takes colour really well or leave white. Gives lovely results this is my cake which a made using some of the Kemy products , the Royal icing and the marzipan. I was very pleased with the result.






I really loved their fondant. As a cake maker you are always looking out for good fondant. I did not have enough to use on this cake but I have a wee trial and I was impressed. Its very flexible , no cracks and seem to not suffer with humidly in the fridge. I found it did not stick to cutters and the colours did not fade. Also it had a lovely taste of vanilla.
It comes in colours and also white from 100g up to 3kg. I am going to get some larger amounts so I can cover a cake and see how it performs , but I am excited.

I also tried the marzipan which is premium quality and made only from sugar and almonds. I found a little went a long way and was so easy to handle. It was not too sticky and gave a lovely finish.

All the Kelmy products are Gluten Free which has to be good if this is an issue for yourself or a client.

I know Kelmy hope to start selling in the UK soon and I will keep you updated if I hear any further news on that. I am excited as they will be at the Cake and Bake show in London October 2-4  so you will be able to buy some and try it out.


I can't wait myself to get some more as I really do like it a lot.
If you can't wait you can go to the Kelmy shop at

www.kelmyshop.com

please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the products

1 comment :

  1. sounds very interesting i shall look forward to hearing more

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much