Sunday 14 December 2014

Gu Hot Chocolate Review




Like most woman I enjoy chocolate. At this time of the year what with it being cold and the need to be cosy, you can't beat a cup of hot chocolate. I also love cold chocolate milk as it would something that was a huge favourite when I was little.
I was lucky enough get to try a new chocolate drink by the makers Gu , who also make the most yummy puddings.
I was also given a challenge to make a chocolate cup to drink it from. Well I thought after tasting it how delicious it was and far too nice not to make more from it. I am lucky my husband Kevin is part of the first UK My kitchen rules winners team, so he is a very good cook. I asked if it was possible to make a mousse from the GU chocolate and he set about doing just that.
He added whisked egg white and double cream and a little icing sugar into the GU chocolate milk and made a totally yummy dessert.
Then it was my part! If you read my blog you know I enjoy making cakes and more importantly I love to decorate cakes. So I had a hard task to make chocolate cups from modelling chocolate and also chocolate mice. I loved making it and we had fun coming up with a great way of making something with the GU drink.





I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. GU have lots of lovely yummy things and you can find loads of information at their web site.



please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the product

1 comment :

  1. What a lovely cake! It must have taken you ages to make it.

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much