Thursday 17 July 2014

I'm trying to be positive

So lets clear out a cupboard my hubbie said. Well more a case of him clearing the cupboard and me watching and tell him what goes where !  Someone has to be the supervisor.
So then hubbie pulls out some fabric and goes to throw it in the nearest black bag. Nooooooo I scream that's my wedding dress!! hubbie had found my 35 year old wedding dress and it nearly ended its life in a bin.
When I got it from him I unfolded it and sat to think about that wedding day long ago. As I opened it up I was amazed at how tiny it was. Surely I did not fit into that? I know I wasn't that small...... was I?
Then I am in tears and being stupid about my lost figure and how overweight I am now. I cry for the all the years that have passed, and cry because I wouldn't get one leg in it now lol. Its ok I picked myself up and remembered the day for what it was, special and happy. I may not be teeny tiny anymore but I am still around and still married to my sailor. Oh and he can't get in his wedding outfit either lol


3 comments :

  1. Aww You are still as beautiful as you were on your wedding day Jill! It was a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks em wish it was true lol good memories though xxx

      Delete
  2. my lovely i cant fit in mine and i only got married 2 years ago! ... many relationships fail yours has not that in itself is an achievement .. anyone can lose weight .. not everyone is still married after such a long time (i am on my second and i am 34!) hugs lovely x

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much